SIU Edwardsville Game Notes:
- SIUE beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, SIU Edwardsville has won 13 close games.
- This season SIU Edwardsville has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Jerome Jones has 19 points or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Michael Messer has 7 free throws made or more.
- The Cougars set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time SIUE had a three-point percentage of 63.6% or higher was Dec 31, 2011 against Jacksonville State.
- The Cougars have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Cougars came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--SIUE has a 4.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jerome Jones recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 9.
- Tim Johnson tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 9.
- The top two scorers (Mark Yelovich and Jerome Jones) accounted for 53.7% of the points.
- Mark Yelovich has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- Kris Davis has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerome Jones has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Mark Yelovich's career.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes:
- Southeast Missouri State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Redhawks have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southeast Missouri State has lost 28 close games.
- The top two scorers (Corey Wilford and Marland Smith) accounted for 46.7% of the points.
- Corey Wilford has led the team in scoring 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Corey Wilford's career.
- Corey Wilford set career highs with 21 points and 8 field goals made.
- Tyler Stone has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tyler Stone.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Nino Johnson.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for A.J. Jones.
Ohio Valley Standings
Last updated: Mar 13th, 2014